View Single Post
Old 07-02-2009, 07:02 AM   #7
nevgriff64
Spelt with 2 ffs

Oddometer: 13,654
Thanks Chris for starting this thread mate.. Have had a couple of gentle hints that maybe I should get something started but being the usual slack bugger that I am, just hadn`t got around to it as yet..

Very happy with the way its all coming along and can`t thank Clancy enough for all the time and hard work in getting the Ural repaired and ready for the painting stages.. I`m sure he has a few more photos to come of some other very nice items that he built but i`ll leave them to him to post and explain how he made them..

Headed over to Phyllis`s house today to see how things were progressing and also to pinch a panel off the BMW to colour match for the painter.. Was delighted with how the build is progressing and must also say that the quality of work thus far has well and truly exceeded my expectations.. Thank you Phil, keep up the great work..

The panel was dropped off to the painter to colour match and after speaking to him for a short time, we realised that it wasn`t the genuine BMW paint work.. I knew the BM was first registered as black but one of the owners had decided he liked the silver a bit better.. What this now means is that not only will we be painting the Ural body and guard, we will also be painting the BMW panels at the same time.. We think a nice metalic colour would work nicely but what colour do we go with??

I have a few days before I need to make a decision so any input here would be greatly appreciated..

I`m kind of thinking a nice Orange colour very similar to the KTM bikes would look brilliant.. Maybe even KTM blue to match the 950 Adventure??