View Single Post
Old 07-05-2009, 05:33 PM   #14
NOSIGN OP
Adventurer

Oddometer: 94
thanks

Mezo - Millenium grey, and yep steering limit block on the lower frame head needs to go, upper steering lock - just above the compliance plate (oh is that what that is)... shit i should have grinded that off too - I shoul dhave had a closer look before I painted it. As for the tripples... 1997 KTM 300 EGS tripples, and nah I wiped em down with some Kero bit of WD and hand metal polish with a rag. Glad that they stand out but yours look pretty sweet too.

Distech - sweet man cheers. I think the low clearance won't be an issue. The bearings would have to collapse before the frame rubbed on the lower clamp. BUT, i'll monitor it. If I were to do it again, i'd fit the spacer between the lower clamp and bearing.

Kawidad - cheers mate, the bearing shop couldn't get those specs for me apparently. I also couldnt find them on the web. Unless you go custom, there are no bearings that match the KTM / DR fork conversion. The bearing wholesaler noticed immediately that the taper angle was not correct between the KTM taper and DR race. In disbelief, later I secured both the KTM and DR bearing on a flat surface, put a flat side ruler on a pivot, and eyeballed the angular difference between both bearings - there is a difference .

DR650SE ('97) current project
CBR954 ('03) daily ride
CBR900 ('96) the 'ol days
CR250 ('03), 125 ('89), 80 ('85) the 'ol days
KX80 ('92) the 'ol days
NOSIGN is offline   Reply With Quote