View Single Post
Old 07-11-2009, 01:43 PM   #98
BeenThere
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 172
Klx351sm

Stopped by Skagit Powersports in Burlington WA yesterday and was offered a demo ride on their modified KLX250SM, (now a 351). It had the 351 kit, FMF pipe and can, and pumper carb. It felt and sounded wonderful. I'm not much of a wheelie guy, but just rolling the throttle on in second at about 20 raised the wheel nicely without shifting my weight or anything.

They dyno'd it at each stage of modification. Told me the gain from the increased bore, then how much more with the pipe. Said the carb was a waste of time and money. Suggested just rejetting the stock carb would be fine.

They bought ten of these bikes and are selling them "stock" for just under four thousand plus tax, title, and license. They will install all the upgrades for you if you want them. I think he said everything but the carb would add about 1500, but this was off the top of his head.

I was so impressed I thought briefly of buying one, but I really have no need for a Motard. Also, I'd probably have a hard time controlling my right hand and would end up with some sort of ticket.

So, why am I posting about this bike on the KLX250S thread. Well, it's the same motor so anyone could do the same thing to their S model. I just wanted to give my impression of how nice the power was. I have no connection with them other than I've bought a couple of new bikes and other stuff from them

Anyone that lives close enough can go get a demo ride to see for themselves how nice it is.

Norm
BeenThere is offline   Reply With Quote