View Single Post
Old 07-13-2009, 03:58 PM   #30
crazydrummerdude OP
Wacky Bongo Boy

Oddometer: 7,533
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLH
I rode in that car when I was a kid, to Saint Peters with your grandfather. I grew up down the hill from your grandmother's house, and know your mother and uncles. Small world.

Best of luck, getting Bud's 'A' going!
Woah! I just checked back on this thread, with my mom standing right here and read that. How cool. She says hi.

We're still working in the old shed my grandpa built. My grandma still lives in that house. I'm there pretty much every day.

So, updates will be slow until next week, as I'll be attempting to attend the rally.

But;

July 7, 2009 Hours: ~0, Expenses: $60
Got block#2 back. They found a crack in it that I didn't see. They suggested that block#1 be used since the crack is in the valve seat, and those should be replaced with hardened ones anyway, so the repair weld could be done while in there anyway.

That night, we went to a local Model A club meeting. Met Jim Schild, author of one of the books I've been referencing. They all suggested a bearing guy in Illinois, if we need it, but didn't have any suggestions as to where to weld the block. So, we still plan on taking it to the place like 5 hours away.. with a few other projects.

July 11, 2009 Hours: ~2, Expenses: $0
Cleaned up the steering and brake components more. The pictures aren't really worth posting. I'm just greasing them back up and putting it together cleaned up. It all looks good sitting still, so we'll see how it handles in motion (hopefully within this year).

Oh, and thanks Putts for not moving this (yet). I'm not really as cranky as I make myself out to be sometimes..

crazydrummerdude screwed with this post 07-13-2009 at 07:31 PM
crazydrummerdude is offline   Reply With Quote