View Single Post
Old 07-14-2009, 07:09 AM   #8
Fish36991 OP
Promoted from Lurker

Oddometer: 61
Quote:
Originally Posted by gregneedham
Great thread. More detail please. Which mount did you get and as mentioned above, what are your plans for rain? Otterbox, etc?

Do you have the phone set to stay on, or stay on when it is plugged in? Have you had to use the touch screen when riding? Have you tried having music on in the background when using the navigation software?

Thanks
http://www.mountguys.com/product_p/ipm127.htm This is the one I have.

I doubt I'll try an otterbox or anything like that because I don't think it will fit in the mount anymore. I'll go redneck and throw a ziplock bag over it and rubberband it down.

I haven't tested it all out yet. I can start a play list and then lauch the navigation software and it works fine using the ear buds. I don't have a bluetooth headset yet to make sure that works but I'll get one.

I tried the touchscreen a little yesterday but it's obvious that this could be a good way to kill yourself. No close calls but could be a distraction when at speed....same as any other navigation I guess. I'll certainly try to set it up before I get moving but it isn't too bad. I guess it would all be the riders call and what the are comfortable with.

When I tested it out yesterday (only about 10 miles) it stayed on so I think the nav software keeps it on. This is another reason the power from the bike is a must or it will drink the iPhone battery in no time.

Josh

Fish36991 screwed with this post 07-14-2009 at 07:14 AM
Fish36991 is offline   Reply With Quote