View Single Post
Old 07-22-2009, 11:28 AM   #44
_DreamRider_
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 150
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueLghtning
DreamRider, you have a fine GPS there and yes a little bit of a learning curve, but most of what you are experiencing right now is just some basic annoyances getting your GPS and your software on your PC synched. You would have the same learning curve with Mapsource even if it was the Zumo you bought.
BlueLghtning, Thanks for all your help, this really makes sense now, you could have just posted "go search the forum", (I have, but sometimes it seems like you read 40 posts that are not relevant for every 1 that is) but taking the time to explain this to a total new person to GPS, is really appreciated.

I bought the unit new, from amazon, and it came with the waypoint manager cd, not the navigator. At first I couldn't understand why, but now I think its because they probably sell these to a lot of boat users that wouldnt need the navigator software.

Thanks Again, and Thanks for the TAT specific tips, They will definitely help me. I purchased the maps July 16th, but not received an email or anything to confirn, I sent a follow up email but have not heard back.
_DreamRider_ is offline   Reply With Quote