View Single Post
Old 07-22-2009, 10:33 AM   #45
BlueLghtning
Riding is my passion

Oddometer: 4,888
Quote:
Originally Posted by _DreamRider_
I called Garmin this morning, they said I have to purchase City Navigator, but I have seen several threads where people were aboe to download it free after purchase, had CD sent to them, and then those who had to pay, so not sure.

I will register the unit with Garmin today and see what they offer. What is IIRC?
Quote:
Originally Posted by _DreamRider_
BlueLghtning, Thanks for all your help, this really makes sense now, you could have just posted "go search the forum", (I have, but sometimes it seems like you read 40 posts that are not relevant for every 1 that is) but taking the time to explain this to a total new person to GPS, is really appreciated.

I bought the unit new, from amazon, and it came with the waypoint manager cd, not the navigator. At first I couldn't understand why, but now I think its because they probably sell these to a lot of boat users that wouldnt need the navigator software.

Thanks Again, and Thanks for the TAT specific tips, They will definitely help me. I purchased the maps July 16th, but not received an email or anything to confirn, I sent a follow up email but have not heard back.

It seems when you call, its hit or miss depending on who you get to talk to. Go ahead and register the unit online. I'm betting you'll be eligible for a free upgrade since you bought this unit new which would be the best outcome.

IIRC = If I remember correctly.

Yeah, not sure why they don't include the actual DVD when you buy it. It would save a bunch of headaches from users. Even Boat users usually have a truck and could benefit from being able to have detailed maps on your PC.
Smugmug Pics - Save $5 <-- Click Here

BlueLghtning screwed with this post 07-22-2009 at 10:40 AM
BlueLghtning is offline   Reply With Quote