View Single Post
Old 07-27-2009, 08:32 PM   #53
X-Ray
Over Radiated

Oddometer: 204
Sidi Strada Evo Air

I usually wear an 11 and got a size 45 - I have a normal to narrow foot. Toe to heel perfect but a little snug in the distal metatarsal area. Expect them to loosen up a bit to be perfect. Great ventilation. I don't go off-road hardly at all and this is not a DS boot. Would get something with way more protection if I was going off-road, probably at least the Discovery or Crossfire. But for hot weather road riding, these are fantastic.

Also have a pair of Rev'It! Apache boots in 45. They are fine toe to heel but way looser side to side - would be good for a wide foot. Very comfortable, but I wouldn't DS in them much. I had to adjust the shifter for the larger toe box on the Apache. Will need to lower the shifter back to stock for the Stradas.

The Sidi boots are super nice, you won't be disappointed. I am considering the Discovery for a winter street riding boot. My wife purchased the Stradas from newenough.com and probably paid around $220 with free shipping. (yeah, I'll keep her - as motorcyclefanatic aptly stated, "You're not trading up from that!!!." )

EDIT 9/10/09: Okay, I bought the Sidi Discovery boots. Local BMW dealer had them on sale. I almost ordered a size 45 from NewEnough.com based on the Strada Evos being snug. I was able to try on the 44 and 45 Discovery. The 44 fit perfect and the 45 was a bit too loose. So, I would say the Stradas run a bit smaller than stated size and are good if you have a narrow foot. The Discos run a bit larger than stated size and are more comfortable side to side initially - if that helps anyone. Oh, and the Discos are fantastic. I removed the metal toe pieces since they may cause you to slip if you're on the bike and not totally flat footed. I'm definitely sold on Sidi. Great stuff!

X-Ray screwed with this post 07-20-2011 at 09:26 PM
X-Ray is offline   Reply With Quote