View Single Post
Old 07-28-2009, 08:35 PM   #98
Southest US Thumper
Extreme n00b

Oddometer: 1,991
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andyinhilo
Thumper,
Unfortunately, I did not know about this till today, and spent the 26th driving the family about Kona. Call me next time, K? You wen go o' wat?

Andy
Sorry 'bout that Andy, it was my first ride since that dreadful day in January.
Semi-Report:
15 riders showed up at Big Island Power Sports for the 9:30 a.m. kick-off that came precisely at about 10:15, hey this is Hilo, people wanted to get a good feel if it was going to rain or not.... I had the WR set up with the motard wheels and could only ride till noonish. Mixed bag of bikes and riders, two plated WR's, three plated CRF450X's, one plated YZ450F, two or three KLRs, a big street bike with a guy I didn't know rode, Husky 450, DRZ400, DR650, 250 Yamaha Enduro, and an airhead BMW.

The route was all over Puna District, Fern Acres, Hawaiian Beaches, Kapoho, Pahoa, Kalapana, upper Waiakea, and all points in between, nothing challenging cuz it was a first and they wanted to check out abilities.

I had a blast on the motard! Only regret was having to leave early, they didn't finish until about 5:30 pm.

This coming Sunday there's a East Meets West Ride, the Hilo and Kona guys are supposed to link up at Puu Huluhulu then ride up to the NOAA Observatory on Mauna Loa eat lunch and then ride up to the summit of Mauna Kea. I'll get the specifics and PM you. Robert