View Single Post
Old 08-02-2009, 08:20 PM   #10
2Ply
n00b - LOL

Oddometer: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewgore
I use the Alpinestar no-stop Trials boots for almost everything motorcycle related. They are much more comfortable IMO than standard MX boots. They have a bit more flex\give to them, but feel plenty protective to me. The only time they ever let water in, is if the water I'm standing in is higher than the top of the boot. Otherwise I've yet to have my feet get wet in them. They were pricey at just under 300$ or so, but I feel they will last for quite some time. To compare, the Gaerne's are known to be a bit more bendy when compared to the Alpinestars. The Alpinestars also have a thick bottom that is a bit more round as opposed to the flat of the Gaerne (from what I've seen). Comfy for walking, riding, and sitting around. I dig em!

Andrew
Plus 1 on the No-Stops. In 35 years of Trials, I think I've tried almost all of them by now (including the early Dunlop Rubber Boots of the 70's) and the Alpinestar No-Stop is currently the only one that fits my lower leg and doesn't form folds in the leather at the ankle nor toe area that other boots do. Those eventually bruise my feet at the ankle or just above the toes.

But to answer the original question, I have never felt the need to compromise and go with more protection and less flex, but then I only own Trials Bikes now and none of them are Street Legal so faster road riding is not in my program.
2Ply is offline   Reply With Quote