View Single Post
Old 08-07-2009, 03:39 AM   #7
Dranrab Luap OP
E-Tarded

Oddometer: 29,881
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldburg
I'm eager for your reports. What's the plan? Are you coming through Rocky Mount, NC? (it's eastern NC...) If so, stop by for a break and a home cooked meal. I've got 2 650s in the garage - one for me and one for the wifey... 2 more in the driveway would be really cool.

The 650 is great for touring. I've got a good bag for the passenger seat and just this past weekend I was forced to add an additional cooler for a few miles - to cover a full day MSF class. What an inspiration! I've seen those hump bags on ebay and the GIVI ones, but i made one with a standard 6 pak softsided cooler. I was able to lock it in safely and it really looked like it belonged (except it was purple - I'm shopping for a black one right now). Just a suggestion for a longer trip...

I'm subscribed!
Thanks for the invite, but we are just going to hit the far western side of the state on Tuesday and Wednesday. It looks like day one will take us to Moody AL near the Barber Museum! Day two will find us doing the tourist thing on Lookout Mountain and in Chattanooga, coming to rest in Tellico Plains at the KOA there. Day three will have us riding the Cherohala and maybe hitting Smoky Mountain National Park. Day four will take us into western SC and northern GA. I'm not sure where we'll land. Day five is the run home across the FL panhandle.
Dranrab Luap is offline   Reply With Quote