View Single Post
Old 08-07-2009, 07:38 PM   #15
nirak
a fine mess

Oddometer: 669
Aloha! I am new to the ride reports, so I hope I'm doing this right

.... I was insanely nervous that my first time on a bike was going to be 5 days, hundreds of miles, out of state, and in the heat of Aug. The only time I've spent behind the wheel is the 2-day/18hr. safety course where I learned to ride on a 250 Ninja, topping out at a mind-blowing 25mph. Then Memphis happened. I had the pleasure of being part of the Komet gathering and meeting an array of ADV riders.

My first official ride was about 450 miles each way. That trip was full of firsts for me. My first time driving at interstate speeds (skeery, but then a total rush ), my first time to meet an ADV rider other than my dad, first group ride (and it was a BIG one), first time to ride in the rain, first time to muttpartk, and first time to get sooooo disy from winds knocking my head around that I saw more than one horizon......

Whew! Glad we got all that outta the way before this trip. Oh, and I officially have a license now, so I'm legal to drive, no more of that permit crap.

I had a birthday last week and a good friend decided to upgrade my gear as a gift.... Best present ever (besides tuition, thanks dad!)! Ok, I'm geared up and have one kinda long distance ride under my belt, so I think I'm ready to go!