View Single Post
Old 08-11-2009, 11:30 AM   #88
dlearl476
Two-bit Throttle Bum

Oddometer: 22,801
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ursa Major
I
Nice cab! One of the Brit Porsche mags just called the 968 cab the only Porsche since the Speedster that looks better in convertible form than the coupe. I don't know that I'd go that far, but I really like the 968 cab.
I tend to agree. I think the 968 Cab is the best looking convertible Porsche ever made.

Quote:
A lot of them came with Tips, unfortunately.
Have you driven a Tiptronic? I test drove a couple and, honestly, some times I wish I' have gone that route. In "shift" mode it's virtually no different than a manual trans, and you have the option of being lazy and putting it in D when driving around town. Compared to the 6 speed, and it's requisite close ratios, it's a lot less work when you don't want to "drive."

I also thought I wanted the 030 option. I'm glad I didn't find one that fit my color/mileage/ etc. requirements. I recently priced replacement shocks. Normal Konis are $300 each, the 030 struts are $650/ each.

Politics is the gentle art of getting votes from the poor and campaign funds from the rich by promising to protect each from the other. -- Oscar Ameringer
dlearl476 is online now   Reply With Quote