View Single Post
Old 08-21-2009, 11:12 AM   #68
duckman
"sic gorgiamus allos

Oddometer: 884
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bald Kirk
Hey there - the handguards were intended for the Adventure. I had to make some adjustements in order for them to fit but it wasn't too bad.

I currently own/am selling multiple street and dirt bikes but I am restricting myself to only one bike on the island. I love leaning a street bike way over but there is something about totally wiping out on a dirt bike that kinda tugs at the heart strings.

There appears to be alot of pavement and not so much dirt. The island is very small and speed limits are lower than the main land. I have narrowed it down to a Yamaha WR250 or Suzuki DR400.

Now I have to decide between knobbie or street tires!

XOXO,
Bald Kirk

Also, I didn't know what to think when I saw the guy on a stretched Huyabusa (wearing flip flops, shorts, a t-shirt and no helmet) creeping along in the heavy Honolulu traffic. I felt sorry for him. All the pent up horsepower and testosterone going to waste.
i spent 4 weeks in kauai this winter and rented a HD while there, the whole time i wished i had my triumph scrambler .plenty of off road oppertunity and no real highways are ideal for the scrambler, just go up 2 teeth in the back you're set.
and no do rags
'we gladly feast on those who would subdue us'
duckman is offline   Reply With Quote