View Single Post
Old 08-25-2009, 11:19 AM   #80
ColinDoyle
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 723
I got this '90 Ninja 600R for $1000. After reading this thread, I'm convinced I overpaid by quite a bit.

It uses oil, the wiring is kind of iffy, it's been laid down numerous times, the forks would bottom out with the slightest tap of the brake, and the tank rotted through a couple weeks after I bought the bike. I bought a parts bike for $50, which included a non-rusty tank and a decent Corbin seat. Shortly thereafter, I picked up a nice pair of $100 '95+ forks on eBay (which did away with the gimmicky anti-dive) and I was back in business... but still burning oil.

I took off the ugly fairings, olive drabbed it,and mounted a spare pair of Ruckus headlights with 55/60W bulbs. Much better.

It's got some stupid Dunlop tires (branded Harley-Davidson)... apparently the previous owner opted for the most readily available 16 inch tires, rather than finding the proper ones. I've been planning on swapping the swingarm and front end for ZX600E bits so I can have decent brakes and 17 inch wheels, but I might be trading the bike for a Honda CX500 this weekend.