View Single Post
Old 08-29-2009, 08:25 PM   #154
redpillar
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 840
Quote:
Originally Posted by Durden
Ditto, Im a bit disappointed at how uncomfortable the KLX is on long trips, but the fact its a mx bike, its what you could expect. On the KLR I could make 750km in one day easy. That being said, the KLX is soooo much more fun in the city and on the trails. I havent dumped it yet, which speaks to how easy it is to control on the trails.
I just finished a 3500 KM trip on my KLX over a period of 12 days. the seat is stock but I used a piece of blue foam from a camping mat cut to fit and a sheep skin and I was able to pull off a couple of 480 KM days, and about 10 days of 200 km and over. There were a few times that I would have liked a different seat but I never quit riding because I was too uncomfortable. If I was to do it again I would look into a Renazco seat but the bike did it's job. I would also probably go for the 351 kit as well. Mine is stock except for being piped and jetted and it was fine on everything but the faster highways. A bit slow but it caused no big problems. I was able to cruise at 85 to 90 km anywhere I went even long 7% uphill grades with about 40 to 50 lbs of gear on board.
I have been looking at a larger cc bike like a 610 Husky but after this trip I think I will hold off as I am very happy at how the bike handled the trip.

Here is a link to the Trip Report

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=502085

redpillar screwed with this post 09-01-2009 at 01:22 PM
redpillar is online now   Reply With Quote