View Single Post
Old 09-04-2009, 09:22 PM   #97
plumber mike
Soaking up Son shine

Oddometer: 2,703
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRONE
Mike-Janet from Joisey had what sounds like the same problem with her exhaust and was able to upgrade to the Akra can for $600 using the warranty. Man, if you can do it, that's the way to go. The first mod I made to my bike when it was new was to get rid of that ridiculous BMW can. Do you know that the R1200 silencer is physically smaller than the G650X? What's up with that? Get rid of it!
The pipe is a goner either way.I think they should replace the head pipe too since it has now turned a blackened bronze color. I'll either get an Akro upgrade from the dealer or I'll get a brand new stock pipe that will sit on a shelf in my garage and have to buy a pipe(which will not make me happy) Or I can leave the stock pipe and go bug them every few months or few thousand miles. The dealer said they would give me like $4500 if the bike was in good condition which they consider mine not to be I've decided to ride it like I stole it for 3/36

apullin-Why did your dealer charge you $50? I would be pissed. It's funny how they never mentioned that the bike was a POS when you bought it.I don't think the dealers know any more than the guys on this forum. If they did they would be able to accurately diagnose and correct the problem. I am not buying the "bad gas" theory that I was told. I have now made it a point to buy gas from a different place each time.
plumber mike is offline   Reply With Quote