View Single Post
Old 09-05-2009, 01:56 PM   #43
PizzaHog
Thought Criminal

Oddometer: 2,775
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesman
OK, since my comment on maintenance was purely about maintenance let me try to give you more information.
We may be jumping the gun a bit on this. I've found nothing to prove that this is a US-version of the Deauville. The NT700V might share some/many things with the Deauville, but it might have some modernization/upgrades as well. I'm not seeing anything proving that the engine is the same - it might have the same displacement, but with hydraulic lifters a possibility, more modern materials...I'm adopting a wait-and-see approach. The ST is supposedly a beast to do maint on, and though I'm no "real" wrench, I did everything but throttle body syncs on my own.

Deauville review/specs are here. NT700 specs are here. [Thanks to ST-Owners members for the links and info!] Maybe some of you folks on the other side of the pond can do the US-metric conversions to see if there's any mechanical differences re: specs.
"For just as the Constitution is not a suicide pact, neither is there an obligation in the civil society to go meekly to one’s death at the state’s behest, or to satisfy its lust for absolute control over its citizens." Michael Walsh
PizzaHog is offline   Reply With Quote