View Single Post
Old 09-14-2009, 03:38 AM   #160
capt_enduro
tool whore
 
capt_enduro's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2008
Location: NW Georgia
Oddometer: 191
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirtnadvil
I use my bike for a 20 mile commute 90% of the time. The other 10% is ADV touring (camping gear) and trail riding. I have been thinking about getting the 250 so I can do more exploring and get off of the main fire roads. I am a little worried that I will find it too small or under powered. I am wondering how guys like it after riding 650s....
My daily driver is an 800, but I still get an ear-to-ear grin every time I get on the KLX. It's very light and easy to flick around, especially after stepping off a much larger (and more top-heavy) bike. Not a lot of room for gear though. It has plenty of power for trail riding and single track - tons of grunt to get the job done. On the pavement, you can flog it all day long at 70 mph (thanks to the six speed trans). Not good on the superslab, but it's perfectly at home on those two & four lane roads that the interstates were built to bypass.

60 - 70 mpg (less if you flog it) - it's an awesome commuter bike, although I don't drive mine to work much anymore (I'd rather have my laptop, rain gear, etc. in the panniers than on my back).


__________________
Omnis vestri substructio es servus ad nobis

'09 BMW F800GS
'09 Kawasaki KLX250S
'05 Yamaha TTR230
capt_enduro is offline   Reply With Quote