View Single Post
Old 10-06-2009, 11:40 AM   #7511
cyborg
Potius Sero Quam Numquam

Oddometer: 4,957
Quote:
Originally Posted by brents347
Looks great Cyborg! Just wanted to get a quick update. Are you still running your tubeless set-up on this bike successfully? If so, I'm going to go down your path soon.
Thanks,
Brent
Brent, yes I'm still running tubeless and did for this trip too, running 22-25psi on OEM rims. No problems. Just a few rim dents I pounded out, no air loss. Running tubeless limits the knobby tire brands/models you can use because you have to run a true tubeless tire. I chose the Metzeler Karoo T, largest rear is a 140, but they worked just as well as TKC-80's and quieter on the pavement. So far they have held up well to really sharp desert rock impacts, decent but not great in sand -- like TKC-80's, and have worn well on the highway because the tubeless setup runs the tires cooler so they last longer. I didn't wear the Karoo's out like some say they have in 500-1000 miles even though I was riding some very rough surfaces... those folks must be spinning the tires uselessly all the time... easy to do with the 990 and yes I know it's fun .
cyborg is offline   Reply With Quote