View Single Post
Old 10-08-2009, 05:10 PM   #75
Pappy541
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 798
[quote=VFR_firefly]I think the Long Way Round series has done more damage to the activity of off-road riding than any other movie/show ever released. If one really watches them with a critical and experienced eye, one can see that the manic duo picked the wrong bike for the job and suffered the consequences of that mistake through just about every sequence in the shows. They again repeated the mistake the second time in LWD as well.

But all the n00bs who watch it flocked to the BMW dealers and paged through the Touratech wish books for ages dreaming of riding these supertankers around the world. Most never get them off a paved road, much less onto real "off" road situations where they do so poorly. But a few do and suffer the consequences of riding an obese street bike in a dirtbike costume on real offroad terrain.

__________________________________________________ ______________

VFR
I agree with you. Infact I think that only posers on Harleys should be allowed to try such an easy ride. Sort of like Wild Hogs on dirt.
I am waiting for your long way to some where on a Honda movie that will show the world what a real rider can do.
Pappy541 is offline   Reply With Quote