View Single Post
Old 10-22-2009, 02:30 PM   #41
karlb
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,070
my very first italian bike was when I was just 9
not this one but one like it only red, sorry they did have digital cameras back in 71 and I cant find any pictures of it when I was a kid.
a Moto Beta 50

flash forward seval decades and I got my second italian beauty
a 94 900sscr

then after I sold her cause I wanrted something with a bit more motr and getting her to the point I want would have been coslty and prob effected reliability I left the italians for a time.

till one day a firend told me he was sell ing this beauty a 01 996 monoposto

now power is def addictive and so its now surprise that after a time I wanted for than the 996 gave stock and had sps cams (degreed) and a custom dyno tune by Jeff Nash along with a 54mm full termi ti race system I found on fleabay for a song and then over the next couple years stopped riding her on the street and turned her into a track bike

after a couple years I again decided it was time to move to a different ride and sold the venerable 996 and moved to this, 03 999

now personally i like the look of the 999 but funny as it may sound and as great a record the 999 had on the track, I just never felt as comfortable on it as I did the 996. I kept it about a year and then decided it needed a new home so I let her go and had planned on leave the italian behind for awhile and maybe checking out BMWs new bavarian bombshell.

but then waiting for das motor werken to get their new stead out of the stable I started seeing these beauties going for very low prices new and just couldnt help myself as I am a sucker for a pair of big jugs (on a bike) and picked up my lartet and current italian sex on two wheels

now since I bought not only this beaty this year but also a new sport tourer and a 30k tractor (hey I own a ranch and have 50 acres to mow and beside the engine and drive train on it are built in italy, New Holland TT75A)
my wife says for the next year or two bikes dealerships are this for me.

karlb screwed with this post 10-23-2009 at 05:02 AM
karlb is offline   Reply With Quote