View Single Post
Old 10-22-2009, 07:58 PM   #12
oregoncoast
Racing Like a Noob

Oddometer: 4,428
Book written by Peterman

Some know about this, many more do not.

PNWetfest 2009 fell upon a date very close to our own venerable peterman's birthday. I only met Peter just over a year earlier, but I instantly felt a kinship to this crazy, hard-swilling crazy mother. And I loved his rants and writings on ADVrider. Much of it was truly poetic...in the most visceral, raw sense.

For his 60th birthday, I decide I wanted to publish some of his work over the past year or two in a book to present to him at wetfest. I did just that, and a few lucky FF's received one of the limited first run. He had no idea about it.

But, as some have found out about this, I have been asked about getting their own copy.

This was never meant to make any money for me, and I have absorbed all of the cost of the initial printing and shipping and gave the six copies I printed away for nothing.

I thought it would be cool to post a link to the book for anyone who might want one for their bookshelf. It is a good quality book and some of the work is genius.

The price of the book is $6.43 plus shipping. Of this, I receive nothing. I have arranged it so that $1.00 from each book will go to peterman; because I believe an artist should be paid for his work, even if it is just a dollar. The rest goes to the large, probably multi-national conglomerate printer-website Lulu..which I am sure has overpaid CEO's, overcharges for shipping, destroys the environment and celebrates every book sale with a toast of baby seal's blood...but hey, they printed the book for us!

So, here it is. I hope you enjoy it as much as I do. It fits nicely in a pannier and it is great to pull out by the campfire, and read a post or two while sippin' an adult beverage before retiring for the evening

http://www.lulu.com/content/paperbac...stling/7619430

And be sure to check out the free preview before you buy!

And yes, peterman has approved of this.

oregoncoast screwed with this post 10-22-2009 at 08:19 PM
oregoncoast is offline   Reply With Quote