View Single Post
Old 10-29-2009, 11:31 AM   #64
65 Flathead OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 102
Thumb Test Ride

With everything finally complete, the weather got down cold enough for an initial trial run yesterday morning. It only got down to 45, but as cold natured as i am, that's enough. On my 45 mile morning commute, I rode far enough to get a slight chill, and feel the cold soaking thru my gloves. My daily commuter has ape hangers so this didn't take long. I wanted to get a little cool to give my gear as good a test as possible for the temp that I had to work with. After a few miles, I started turning up the heat, and it was wonderful!!! Everything warmed up very nicley, and QUICK!. After I got warmed back up, I made the rest of the ride with the jacket control just under half and the gloves around 1/4. I had no hot or cold spots, but I didn't heed the advise that I was given along the way in this thread that said "Put extra in the thumbs". My thumbs never felt the cold, but I never really felt the heat in them either. All in all I think it'll be ok though.

Before this ride, I considered heated gear a luxury, I now consider it a nessessity!
65 Flathead is online now   Reply With Quote