View Single Post
Old 11-05-2009, 10:59 PM   #95
dmgiff
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 158
I've been readng this thread since the start and I guess I will finally post my mistake. I bought a 2005 GS in late 06. Flew into Pomona and rode it home with 4k on the clock. I added a few things to it including a Russell Day Long. My riding partner and I mostly like to do 3 or 4 night trips camping along the way. We started talking about Goldwings after our first trip. The allure of real electronic cruise control, real protection from wind, more luggage capacity and not having to worry about final drive failure finally got us. He was the first to trade his gs for an 09 loaded 'Wing. He professed its greatness to me. So I put my beloved gs up for sale and had my mind set on a used 'Wing. Preferably an 07 or 08. Lo and behold another inmate saw my ad here on Flea Market and proposed a trade. I rode the GS to Texas, handed it to him and rode his 05 'Wing home. I realized within the first 100 miles it was a mistake. I love my GS more than I knew. If I could do it again, I would keep my GS and buy an older wing. Now I have a beautiful wing that I am trying to get sorted but I'm looking for an older GS that I can afford. Still sad over the whole thing. The GS is the perfect bike for me.

I guess this is the end of my sad story.
dmgiff is offline   Reply With Quote