View Single Post
Old 11-16-2009, 06:43 PM   #29
hackster
Adventurer

Oddometer: 14
You guys are just like we are over on the Supermoto site......a bunch of smart asses!!!

I like it!!!

We do alright, and always have a good time. We kept pushing the limits, first it was the pilot powers on the pavement and I had an awesome time on those and the big old XR650R made for an amazing supermoto, then we started to explore the gravel roads a bit more, and I upgraded to some 17" distanzias, and while they were much much better on the gravel but the frontend still pushed through the turns like crazy and they were not great on the trail to say the least.

I was lucky enough to have the stock wheels kicking around so I got some TKC 80's mounted up on the 21/19 combo and this bike is a big trail bike but man it makes for a great adventure bike (not for the super long rides).

We did a little over 200 miles through the trask and out to tillamook then screwed around on trails up at Browns camp and headed home via 6.

There are about 8 or 9 of us, including one crazy guy Sam (Lincolnlock) that frequently comes down from Mt.Vernon to ride that get together pretty often and thought that maybe we could merge together someday and see if our supermotos can hang with the REAL adventure bikes!!!!!

Sean
hackster is offline   Reply With Quote