View Single Post
Old 11-18-2009, 05:05 PM   #1
Super Suz OP
N00b with B00b

Oddometer: 1,556
Laid off people turned Ex-Pats Living on the CHEAP?

I am just curiious if anyone here has been laid off or knows someone who was laid off and then put all the stuff in storage to go "lay low" for a while in a country where they can live cheaply.

For example, rent the place, store the crap, pack the bag and maybe even ship the bike, go find a little cabin on the beach where a whole lunch at a roadside stop will cost you less than a diet coke back home.

What's the experience? Good and bad.

Oh. And if you are retired and living on the cheap somewhere, you can add to the collection of info too.

Where do you live and how much does it cost to live on the cheap per day?

What's the positives and negatives to your situation? Yeah. Yeah. You might catch malaria. But what's the odds of that? Yeah. Ok. You could be the next kidnap victim, but how often does that happen and how do you avoid it?

Pics are welcome too. Show off a little.
Member of the Oakland Motorcycle Club. In town? Come visit us on a Weds night. We love show and tells! Want to speak about your trip or motorcycle topics in the Bay Area of Northern California? We have a club hall. IM me. If you give us enough notice and if we like your topic, you can come and speak. We have room for others to come and listen too.

Super Suz screwed with this post 11-18-2009 at 05:07 PM Reason: maybe the wrong place for this. I'm going jomomma
Super Suz is offline   Reply With Quote