Thread: Iowa Roll Call
View Single Post
Old 11-19-2009, 09:24 AM   #1560
30Bones
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,645
Quote:
Originally Posted by 30Bones
Anyone up for a 3-4 day weekend ride mid/late April somewhere between here and Alabama? I am thinking southern MO, IL or western KY. Nothing set in stone just yet.

I have up to 6 friends I want to meet up with from there and if anyone else wants to join in, let me know. I will ride there if it's just me or will/can trailer 2 maybe 3 bikes with me and split fuel.

Terrain will be as little slab as possible, gravel, dirt, single track. Camp at night, lots of and good times to be had. We can be a rowdy bunch and have a lot of fun together. That was more of a warning than anything else.
Alright, dates have been set as well as a location. Campground to be determined. One guy has family down there, so we may camp on their land.

Let's go ride the Ozarks/Mark Twain National Forest around Ava, MO just southeast of Springfield.

Date April 15-19 (Thursday-Monday) I will be leaving Wednesday night after work and get as far as I can. Unsure if I am trailering or riding down (~450 miles). All depends if I am solo and/or have SM wheels I can fit a two total on my trailer and that is about it, three and my Vitara will hate me more than it already does.

Givens are fun, limited sleep, lots of beer consumed, great riding

Unknowns are routes, showers, pee times, lunch times, dinner times, water breaks you get the point. It's pointless to try to plan anymore out than we already did.
30Bones is offline   Reply With Quote