View Single Post
Old 11-27-2009, 04:07 PM   #134
YZman OP
Bouncing off Trees

Oddometer: 1,120
Well I got the forks apart today. The one that fell apart wasnt bad at all. Just jerry rigged a slide hammer and plucked the bushings out.

The other fork was not so fun. I drilled the inner tube and pressed a tube thru it so I had some leverage. Then slid it into a vice and kinda slide hammered the inner tube out of there. I had to really crank on it as you can see by the bent T-tube.

Then the slide valve wouldnt come out even after taking the retaining nut off. So I cut the fork tube in half, the t-handle wasnt going to come out easy after I bent the hell outta it, and using a tube inside the fork tube poped the valve out.

So now the question is. The plastic bushing in between the brass ones. Anyone have a pn# for that as one of them is trashed. I have a feeling it is part of the valving as there is a recess turned on the inside.

I might have a machine shop make me those 2 bushings. I am going to need longer ones anyways as I have to lower the forks about 2-1/2 inches. Longer bushings and cut down springs will acomplish that. Heck we have a lathe at work. Maybe Ill just try to make them myself. Cant be that hard.

Oh, I won an ebay auction for a continental front tire. Saved a few dollars on that.

And bought some fork boots.

And got an email from lowbrow customs that my order has shipped...I cant wait for this one to show up. Once that is here progress will begin!

Need to order up some fork seals also.

parts parts parts....it just keeps going and going

YZman screwed with this post 11-27-2009 at 04:13 PM
YZman is offline   Reply With Quote