View Single Post
Old 11-30-2009, 05:45 AM   #1172
Digiamo
Dan nyc

Oddometer: 805
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick46
Don't you people WORK???
Can't speak for anyone else but I just retired last month.
It's one of the reasons for getting involved it this intriguing treasure hunt.

Well, I rode to the hill and saw the tower from below but could not bring myself to take the ST1100 (street tires) too far on what turned out to be wet clay and steep inclines. I even circled the hill in search of a better access but no.

This may bring the fire of some ADV riders and that's OK since I already scolded myself pretty good on the 140 mile ride home. I am no stranger to offroad on that bike. I took it up the Haul road (Dalton) to the Arctic Circle north of Fairbanks.

I assumed it was going to be dry since there was no rain that I could see but when I got there I realized there was snow in Redpowers pic. I figured it melted and created the slick surface. It was almost dusk and I made the decision to save myself some trouble picking the 650# hippo up with my 140# body.

As I was exiting the mud, I encountered about six teens (half girls) on ATV's having a blast spinning donuts and smiling at me. I was tempted to ask for a ride or better yet, if I could borrow one for the last leg to the tower. I thought better of that devious plot.

So here I am head hung in shame after a 300+ mile round trip and only the fun of the miles to show for it. I thought to myself that someone probably got to it before me anyway. Looks like that was wrong.

I am still heading to Florida next week so could someone please take the egg to a more "wheelchair" accessible spot so I can take it to points warm and south.
Hey, If you don't ask...
Enjoy the hunt.

Digiamo is offline   Reply With Quote