View Single Post
Old 11-30-2009, 05:38 PM   #1179
Digiamo
Dan nyc

Oddometer: 804
[quote=RedPower]As far as judgement goes there still seems to be some people interested in going.

This is ADVENTURE RIDER, not Slab Rider isn't it??
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedPower

Well I hope you got to enjoy your ADVENTURE Digiamo & I'm sorry you weren't able to seal the deal. Did you take any pix at least?
I think it is a well located Tag site for ADV riders and I don't think anyone is saying otherwise. I am new to the game and this is my first Tag grab attempt.
I was unprepared for what I knew might be a difficult ride through rough road but my '93 ST1100 is approaching 200K miles and I would like the milestone to come soon so I took the ride.

I hindsight, I should have asked the kids on the ATV's for a ride to the tower if for nothing more than to scope out the entire length of the road and get a picture. Of course, at that point who wouldn't grab the egg.
Maybe I would have gotten a ride with one of the cute gals. "Hold On"
It was late in the day so no I did not get any pics but they wouldn't have showed much since the distance to the tower from the bottom of the mountain would not have allowed a viable photo on the cell phone.

The inclines in the road would have been an issue for me and the ST in both directions due to the weight and wheelbase.
I thought of walking in but in the Sidi On Road boots I would have had blisters after the miles long hike.
The incline was pretty far off down the road and would not have been very impressive on the cell phone camera I had.

Good luck to the next rider to give it a go.
Digiamo is offline   Reply With Quote