View Single Post
Old 01-03-2005, 11:25 AM   #120
norton73
drinkin'

Oddometer: 8,293
Small World

Quote:
Originally Posted by bavarian
Well, so do I. But I have to wait for my lottery win. They are real pricey here - 10.000 Euro and more. So if you find one - where there is one there might be two. Info me and I will come.
the street I was living on was about a mile long, and the aforementioned Darmah owner was already there. A couple of years ago, my friend with the Gt750 moved to the same street.
When he was moving in, I rode my Commando over to help him. When I rode up, the previous owner of the house was getting the last of his stuff out, and comented on the Norton. We got to talking bikes, and he said he had a GT750 in storage at another garage.
Niether he nor my friend knew the other had bikes, and it turns out the guy moving out has a GT750, and the guy moving in has one!
They get to talking, and the bikes are the same spec, Amal carbs, screw type vavle adjusters, Marzocci(sp?) suspension, etc, they must have been built very close to each other, and both bought their bikes while stationed in Germany! What's the chances?

There was anther guy that lived one street over, he was into Italian stuff too, '76 MG LeMans, Laverda Triple, and a '78 900SS, we started to think we should start our own owner's club