View Single Post
Old 12-06-2009, 02:05 PM   #134
roadhamr
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 623
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trophy Mike
Again was referring to most self-trained street riders with very little or no experience starting out on full-sized machines. Had these types in my experienced-rider MSF classes and a good number could not perform maneuvers even from the basic course. Dirt riders, especially those who started out young, were an exception and most often ahead of the curve.
i was self taught on the street with a kz1000 as the first bike i ever owned. after i crashed it and it was wriitten off i got a kz 750l3 which was a much better bike. i had 2 kz650's after that and then a triumph bonieville and a tiger. i moved on to 3 different zx7's a gsxr750, a zx9, and then i started to ride cruisers and had demo bikes from the dealerships i worked at and stopped crashing. i was definitly self taught and i have some but not much really intense off road riding. i have spent years examining my riding techniques and trying to do better watching others and reading books talking to other very experienced riders. my biggest advantage over harleyryder is when i started i was young strong and very athletic. i could compensate what i lacked in skill most times with my athleticism. she is not in that point in her life. her confidence will never grow because she will never be able to be in control. the bike is simply too much for her.

2000 valkyrie interstate
roadhamr is offline   Reply With Quote