View Single Post
Old 12-15-2009, 06:04 PM   #27
whizzerwheel OP
Using Occam's Razor

Oddometer: 1,221
So, Sarah...the girl from the hotel takes us to the waterfall. It's a pretty good hike down to it. We cross over a zipline platform on the way and a twisty footpath on down into a valley to the falls. It's a three tiered thing, and we're on the top tier. There's about a dozen 20 somethings at the top of the second tier that have been climbing up to the top tier and jumping off into the pool below...maybe 15 feet. They egg us on... I came in motorcycle garb, but I brought my shorts. So I discreetly change into my shorts, watch someone jump first, so I know where to land. (the water is muddy, so you can't see if there are any rocks) and jump off, much to the glee of the kids below. Carla and Sara jump too. There's also a rope swing which we all try out too. Very fun. Now, these kids start jumping off the second tier...which is about twice the distance of the upper tier...nope...not for me. Especially since I can't see the pool below. I described all this, because I don't have any pics..except for the one above. (She's just about to jump) The camera was at the top of the first tier, and the only way down was off the cliff and across the pool. So you'll just have to go there yourself, if you want to see it...

Sara left ahead of us because she had an appointment, and after a little while we walked out, just as daylight is starting to fade a bit.

We stopped in town and had a couple of beverages and a bowl of pineapple before heading back to the hacienda.

We had to pull out the spanish dictionary for this one

So off we went, did our laundry and spread it all out around the room to try to get it dried for tomorrow.

We got up early and went into town for breakfast. The town wakes up pretty slowly because I think it stays up real late. We got a spot right off the street to watch the people...they started to trickle by.

We sat around for quite awhile... chatting with the guy sitting next to us who was from Holland, and had moved here 10 years ago. He bought a house and was slowly renovating it for rentals. We talked about the obstacles he faced not being a citizen and wanting to be in business here. We walked around town a bit more after breakfast.

The vendors started showing up

This guy was a happy guy and yakked all about how he and his wife had moved here from Manuel Antonio down the coast and what a beautiful place that was, etc, etc,....Lucky for us, we were headed that way.

So we went back on up to the cabin... packed our barely dried stuff up and headed back to the ferry about 40 km.

We got to the ferry about 20 minutes too late, already gone...guess we lolligagged too long at the restaruant. Soooo, there's another ferry up peninsula in Playa Naranjo about another 40km which we can catch if we hurry. Great....new territory to explore.

We stop outside Paquera for a coke...its hot!

We continue on and it's a pretty pleasant ride through the countryside...no particular sights just pleasant and the road turns to dirt but real good dirt. No cars or trucks at all along the way...just a couple of motorcyclists and iguana's

We arrive at the ferry just in time to get tickets and load

I watch this loaded cattle truck load...back off...then load again. It just barely fit on the boat. It also has two very pissed off bulls in it as well.

This guy hops up onto the top and starts walking back and forth...every time this particular bull sees the guy it goes crazy and starts snorting and bucking...making the whole truck rock back and forth. I was just picturing the parking brake letting go and the whole truck sliding off the back of the boat.

Then they jack the truck up and do a tire change on the deck.

The tire they put on was completely bald.

This was a much smaller boat and really didn't seem to have any tourists on it except for us. It was a much more pleasant ride than the way over.

WR's in NH and Maine: http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=733821
whizzerwheel is offline   Reply With Quote