View Single Post
Old 12-24-2009, 02:56 PM   #148
YZman OP
Bouncing off Trees

Oddometer: 1,120
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pigford

........................ waiting......................
You and me both. Waiting on a few final parts.....

THAT FINIALLY CAME IN TODAY!!

So while I was waiting the BSA got kicked off the operatin table and my kids YZ125 steped up for winter maintance. I just picked this bike up used and wanted to go thru it to make sure all is well. For an 05 this bike is clean. It hasnt had much maintance in the way of greasing but it has hardly been riden. So far I greased the rear suspension, checked the top end, cleaned the carb, and changed the shock oil. The forks and steering bearings are last. And wouldnt ya know it... Steering bearings are wasted. I hate replacing bearing races. Never had much luck with it. Guess Ill have to find myself some luck this time.

A few weeks ago I did get my oil tank and universal mounting brackets in.

And my seat springs came in as well. Not sure if they are the correct length though. Time will tell. I might need the 4" (I ordered the 3") 50-50 chance so I guessed.

And just tonight UPS delivered my ridged rear. Quickly mocked my rear wheel up to get a feel for things. Looks like there is a shoulder on my axle that will have to be turned down on a laythe. And Im going to have to come up with a few spacers to center the wheel. Other than that it looks sweet.

Kinda in position once I wack the back of the frame off.

Oh and Santa brought me a 4-1/2 Dewalt angle grinder last night. Ok I bought it myself. I knew Santa wasnt going to bring me anything I want so I took maters into my own hands...

Day after x-mas.... Let the frame cutting/grinding/de-bracketing comence

YZman screwed with this post 12-24-2009 at 08:26 PM
YZman is offline   Reply With Quote