View Single Post
Old 01-13-2010, 05:25 PM   #726
sTE610vE
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,876
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wind Sprinter
Haven't found anything along this thread concerning a "prop stick" ... if previously mentioned, I missed it.

I ride in ranch country ... roads are lined with barbed wire fences. Eventually, fence is replaced ... meaning it gets pulled out onto roadbed and loaded on to trucks. Some of the metal gets left behind ... so riders out here always carry tire repair kits, spare tubes, hand & electric pumps, etc. I put a centerstand on my KLR650, paid off after six or seven punctures. On my KLX250 (no centerstand), handled the first puncture repair with the above. It fits neatly in my toolpack. 12" x 3" max. dimension broken down. It's made by: Enduro Star

Won't leave home without it!

Best ... Wind Sprinter
Thanks for the info, I would just add that the trail stand is all steel construction and has a removable foot and cradle that allow it to pack in very little space. The tube is 10-1/8" long (rod stores inside the tube) and the entire stand can fit in a fender bag that is at long enough for the tube to fit in. And the strap front brake lock really helps with stability when working on the rear wheel.
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=538235
Cagiva Gran Canyon
sTE610vE is offline   Reply With Quote