View Single Post
Old 01-14-2010, 08:36 AM   #12
nicomama OP
Rugged Rider

Oddometer: 468
JPDude, yeah the trails are loads of fun in a beautiful setting and with varied terrain like dust, rocks, boulders, sand, big ruts, etc. Plus, they are all fairly close together, so you could keep going back to the area and not see the same ones twice for awhile. Let us know when you get your bike out there.

Gadget Boy, thanks for your devotion

Thorne, thanks for your interest.

Rockjohn, good to hear from you again. Thanks for the support on the rack. Your son and I are just a half inch in height apart. I'm 5'6 1/2". I had the DRZ lowered, because it's such a tall bike. Slapped some #3 Kouba links on, which bought me about 1 3/4". I then got the Suzuki gel seat, which was slightly better than stock, but not nice enough to my backside on longer rides. That's when I discovered the amazing Renazco Racing seats.

Chris Hickson out of Washington state will treat you right and give you a piece of art custom carved to your specifications that looks incredible on your bike. I couldn't recommend them highly enough!

I put some good miles on that seat for a week straight on my Grand Canyon trip and came out the other side with a happy butt.

Notice the wider lines of the seat from above to cover the "spread"...

Mine is black suede on top, which provides great friction to stay in the seat on the trails...

Thanks for your interest guys. We're having a ball aren't we?!
nicomama is offline   Reply With Quote