View Single Post
Old 01-18-2005, 07:56 PM   #58
AntWare
Lost In Translation

Oddometer: 16,483
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdCoast
We didn't have any bandit problem. We came in the back way to Bathopilas from Creel. Took us two days to get there, hit Saltivo before Bathopilas... is that the way you are talking about? Leaving out we went back not through Saltivo, but the normal way in (only two ways in and out). Going out the gravel road was very easy and pavement most of the way back to Creel. If you came in the back way HATS OFF TO YOU, don't see how you did the river crossings after the rain. They were tough enough for us at low water levels! We had a four wheel drive truck drown out it's distributer, but no bikes down in the water. Dropped my bike twice on the switchbacks. It was my very first dirt ride experience and on a 1150GS. Is that a good thing?
We did Creel-Batopilas in a day. Played around in Batopilas leaving late the next day and wanting to camp in the canyon we stayed at La Bufa, then back to Creel the next day.

Then we headed from Creel headed SW and spent the night in Bahuichivo. Next day we hit Urique and pulled out the maps. We could either head back to Bahuichivo, or try to make it down unknown to us trails to Batopilas. We made it as far as the river at Tabares which was about 4' deep. Spent the night camped in a ranchers corral and planned a new route, bypassing the main river.
We did a few small river crossings the next morning that were pretty easy. The one that became our undoing wasn't particularly deep it was just full of large boulders. Hindsight, If we'd helped each other get across it would have been easy, but we thought it was funny watching each other struggle and swim.

Here's the track log from my GPS. We were less than 15 miles from Batopilas but had to back track 2 1/2 days back to Creel

stuffing fucking junk food into your mouth.
Choose rotting away at the end of it all, pishing your last in a miserable home,
nothing more than an embarrasment to the selfish, fucked up brats you spawned to replace yourself.
Choose your future. Choose life.
I chose not to choose life, I chose something else instead.
AntWare is offline   Reply With Quote