View Single Post
Old 01-17-2010, 11:24 AM   #122
Kamchat OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,606
Quote:
Originally Posted by AllBlackPearl
A-M-A-Z-I-N-G !!!

definitely one of the best threads i've seen lately. absolutely gorgeous bikes, absolutely gorgeous scenery (of course) and absolutely fantastic shots !

Can you just tell me once again more precisely how you do the shots while riding? is the cam fixed or do you just hold it in your hand? if so, where do you keep it and how do drive with a cam in your hand? seems pretty uncomfy to me..
however, the pics are worth it.

we are plannning on riding Cymri & Alba this summer with the Fazer. probably we could meet up some day, somewhere for a beer, whisky or a little ride!
keep the photos coming!

Wow! Thank you! Glad you like them so much.

No the camera is not fixed ..it is held in my left hand. Most of the time when out on a rideout the camera stays in my rucksack. But when I decide to get some pics I stop, remove my left glove and swap it for the camera . I know riding without a glove is not a good idea but I can't work the camera buttons otherwise (I am toying with the idea of cutting the end of one finger off a glove so I can stay protected but still work the camera buttons). The camera is clipped to a lanyard round my neck (this allows me to drop the camera should I suddenly need to use both hands on the controls in an emergency) I then just ride with my right hand working the throttle and brake and countersteering combined with using the rest of my body to lean the bike round bends. My main concentration is on the road ahead ... using peripheral vision to see what I am doing with the camera ..... or if glancing down to check the camera using peripheral vision to keep and eye on the road.
Between pics I stuff the camera down the front of my jacket which I leave partly unzipped.

Hope this all makes sense ... let me know if you want any more info.

Dan & Kasia

St Marys Loch
Kamchat is offline   Reply With Quote