Old 01-17-2010, 11:01 PM   #78
theWolfTamer
Lupie on a Mission

Oddometer: 394
Quote:
Originally Posted by KEN PHENIX
EXCELLENT!!

What type wire are you using?
At first I bought teflon wire but it was the single strand not multi strand. It was too hot and burned the gloves. Then I went to your page and bought the wire from your link. I used two 4.5 feet loops and put them in the heat shrink together. I soldered 16 gauge automotive wire around the nichrome (since it doesn't solder well) and used red heat shrink to keep everything snug before the mono audio jack.

The gloves heat great and very evenly. I ended up using the teflon wire as "thread", turns out the color combo matched the gloves I got from Home Depot, because from my previous experience it got singed too and wouldn't hold.

The fan controller is working great so far. I've found the best setting for me is just below half, which puts out about 6 or 8 volts (I can't remember the exact numbers now). Full on gets down right uncomfortable and could really cause an accident as you want to get the glove off as soon as possible and tend to forget what you are doing!!

I also used mono audio connectors instead of the two wire sae. Makes a secure connection and is easy to remove.

theWolfTamer screwed with this post 01-17-2010 at 11:07 PM
theWolfTamer is offline   Reply With Quote