Gotten a little bit done, but the past week's been busy with starting a new job, so work on the bike has slowed down a little bit. Anyhow, I finished machining the tapered spacer that fits over the end of the crank shaft and properly positions the new rotor, plus fits into its taper. All these tapers seemed to be approx 5* or 5 1/2* from straight; 5* measured on the lathe wasn't quite perfect, but since I made the spacer from aluminum, it'll deform enough once its torqued down that the difference in angle won't matter. Cutting the grooves for the keys into the crank shaft and rotor was a bit of a pain, using a hack-saw for the inner one so that I could feed the blade through the center of the spacer, and a dremel for the outer one since there were no problems with clearance for the tool. I forgot to take a picture of the finished product before bolting everything onto the engine... oops!
I also got a piece of aluminum piping online that is almost the perfect size for making the spacer for the end cap. I still need to machine it to trim down the outside bore the inside slightly, drill the 12 holes to bolt it down, and cut it to the right length, but even as a rough cut, it fits very well.
This next pic shows that the engine, after all is complete, will only be approximately 1 - 1 1/2" wider than stock, for a 6-7X increase in alternator output!
I also finished the machining for the cam timing wheel and sensor within the housing that used to hold the points off the end of the cam shaft. Its pretty much fully assembled now too.
I've also been working on cleaning up bits of the engine as I go along, just to make it a little more presentable (and its a lot easier to sand/brush bits when sitting around talking than to use power tools). Now that I'm starting a new job, hopefully I'll have the $ soon to buy the megasquirt engine controller and other bits for the project/mini restoration!