View Single Post
Old 01-25-2010, 07:30 PM   #1505
dang
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 461
Well, I've heard of some weird shit around this one. Never happened to me though. I heard that there is some way the ECU can store some energy (capacitance). I heard about it when people charged through the accessory port. I think the fix was to unhook the battery, check for voltage at the socket (which was seen) and apply a load until it "ran out". Freaky, I know. After that they hooked the battery up and everything reset. Might search over on chain gang. be careful though, in the earlier days many posters there were NOT mechanics although there is a core of good guys. Don't believe it just because it's posted with authority...kind of like this

Quote:
Originally Posted by shearboy2004
Plea for help here , I have an 02 Dakar and have it in my garage i went to start it the other day and it had a dead flat battery .
Put it on the charger and left it on slow charge until it was complete.

The bikes starts runs and does everything it should do except the speedo, tach and digital read outs [clock, trip meter etc] don't work ?

The ignition lights do work ok , neutral light and others are fine .

I'm sure there is a simple fix here but it is not leaping out at me , checked fuses and there doesn't seem to be a problem there .

Thanks for looking .
dang is offline   Reply With Quote