View Single Post
Old 01-26-2010, 05:23 AM   #14
Chadx OP
Off the road again..

Oddometer: 2,161
Quote:
Originally Posted by CodeMonkee
The title is kind of misleading - nothing about the handguards.
For that I ask your patience. I will have more to report, and pictures, once I get the handguards mounted. I had a bit of an issue mounting the lower bar clamps because the bolts were too long. There wasn't enough clearance for a deep-well socket and the bolt would push a standard length socket off the nut as I tightened everything down. I measured carefully and stopped at a buddy's to borrow his vice and grinder. A minute or two later, long-bolt situation was solved. Back home and the lower clamps were mounted within 5 minutes.

I've now moved all the controls over to the new bars, but haven't installed grips yet. Once grips are on, he handguards will go on and I can report how the installation went.

I encourage others, that have installed and properly "tested" the hand guards, to post up. I know there are lots of folks running these guards and it would be nice to have opinions and experiences (and photos!) all in one thread. When searching for HDB handguards, there are reviews mixed throughout various threads, like in ride reports, but it makes it hard to find.

I'll go back and edit one of my original posts to mention the handguard review will be coming in the future.

Chadx screwed with this post 01-26-2010 at 05:36 AM
Chadx is offline   Reply With Quote