Okay, so yesterday I started the lamination of the final fairing over the mold.
I covered the plug with tinfoil and because I have done a bit of gunsmith work, I found some release agent from the ACRAGLAS that is used to bed rifle barrels and decided to see if it would work as a release agent for glass fiber... still have to see if the theory will work. After waiting for the release agent to dry I put on the first layer of matting onto the plug and let it set.
Today I'm gonna put on a layer of fiber tape so that the end result is a lot cleaner and less finishing work will need to be done to get a flat surface. Then I'm going to test the release agent theory and add another layer to the inside.
That will give me some time to measure up the frame mount bracket I need to secure the instrument tower to.
Here's some pics of yesterdays work...
Will go on today and post again tomorrow.