Thread: XR200R Thread
View Single Post
Old 02-06-2010, 06:21 AM   #40
MikeMike
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,978
You'll find it will respond well to a SuperTrapp muffler (or opt for complete Big Gun header and muffler package) and a Uni-filter with some minor "fish hook" curve tuning for your altitude on the pilot, the main, and the needle position.
Get rid of any snorkle type arrangement that the airbox might have, and a good skid plate will run about 75 bucks or so and offer much better protection than the stock bar type deal.
Powroll make some decent products, too.
The o-ring chain isn't really worth it IMHO if you maintain the bike well. Probably the easiest bike to maintain as oil changes are so simple and valve adjustments so infrequent and easy. Honda really got it right with the small and midsize XR range of bikes. The oil filter is only a little thimble like screen but you can change oil so easily and it's only a quart so it's worth it to change it as often as you can.
I put more than 20,000kms on one with not one failure and I sold it for half of what I paid for it and it was going to need a new cam chain and sliders. Never needed more than three kicks ever to start it.

MikeMike screwed with this post 02-06-2010 at 06:27 AM
MikeMike is offline   Reply With Quote