View Single Post
Old 02-14-2010, 11:15 AM   #944
alfaris
MOTERO TORERO

Oddometer: 1,150
Eh? Pikes Peak Setup Inquiry

Hi,

i did book a MM yesterday. a 2008 unit from BMW staff, 3000 miles on it. To buy it I am going to quit my current renting on a F800GS, is a good bike but doesn´t give me much feeling on the road , even in the dirt, so i need a MM to push me up a bit. For the pure dirt i am keeping a XRR and a 525.

I am going to use it for many purposes, including some short commuting, urban , as many mountain roads as i can, and if i can, go to the Pirynees or even the Alps next summer to burn all those mythic mountain passes.

as a former HP2E owner, i wonder if someone has tried the pikes peak setup but on a street legal way.... i know there was a PP version for japan......

i mean on street version because those tires are not street legal, so maybe someone fitted another 17" tires.

well the MM has only 160mm suspension travel, but with a kindda tires like those sure it could handle some smooth fire roads if necesary. If they raced the Pikes Peak with that setup sure i can try some occasional easy dirt incursion......

cheers