Oddometer: 2,955
Quote:
Originally Posted by italrally
actually find on Coma's homepage:

www.marccoma.com

The AMV pilot Marc Coma renews contract with KTM
miÚrcoles, 10 febrero 2010
The agreement makes the KTM rider of AviÓ on until the end of 2012
The pilot AMV Marc Coma, double winner of the Dakar (2006/2009) and triple Rally World Champion, has started the 2010 season by renewing his contract that binds him as the first pilot to the end of 2012. For now, the pilot AMV lead the Austrian squad that has developed its sporting history and has enjoyed his greatest hits. Without knowing the name of his teammate, Marc Coma immediately will begin developing the new KTM in different configurations to decide which bike he will use in the next Rally World Championship and especially in the face of new Dakar technique regulations.
In the presence of Heinz Kinigadner Managing Director and Sports Director Pit Beirer, the pilot AMV renewed his contract with KTM, thus becoming an official pilot of the mark during 2011 and 2012 seasons. This new two-year agreement represents the continuation of a successful relationship between the pilot and KTM brand, with which he has competed over the last 8 years.
The company, headquartered in Mattighofen, Austria, and unveiled its first sports bet for the next two seasons, which included the 33rd and the 34th edition of the legendary Dakar Rally and the next editions of the Rally World Championship 2010, 2011 and 2012.
Marc Coma was very pleased and excited about the new project. Before a new era Dakar, that he may return to the African continent and the implementation of new legislation, the Austrian brand wanted, with this gesture to reward the trust and the trajectory of the pilot AMV.
The agreement guarantees to Marc Coma and his team to have the official support of KTM and hope to return with success, all the confidence you have placed the Austrian brand on the new project.
MARC COMA Pilot AMV: "Very happy to address it with my brand new project of life, which again gives me full confidence as leader of the pilot plant. I have a lifetime here in this great family and I hope that together we can enjoy wonderful moments. It is a great gesture by KTM after a complicated Dakar, highly appreciates this show of support and the fact that you give me the opportunity to form my own team within the official structure. Now we have a whole year full of "training" and races. To develop the new bike will require much work later this month and begin the first phase. I want to convert, in success, all the confidence that KTM placed in me. "
hmmm there are a few interesting between the lines bits in this, probably also trying to mess with Despres head as well

as to which is faster, thats a tough call Despres has made some amazing come from behind catchups in the past...........head to head not much between them

Its going to be a great couple of years for rallye I reckon with the new high level supported Sherco & Aprilia teams taking it to KTM as well as the Yamaha's etc.

The 70 degree sloper should really suit Cyril and give him the edge though.