View Single Post
Old 02-21-2010, 05:13 AM   #13
levain
STILL Jim Williams

Oddometer: 7,038
I don't know. I like the idea, but, something about it just seems prone to human/mechanical error. Forgetting to plug it in. Leak in cartridge. Leak in airbag. Failure of unit itself. How far can you slide before friction/heat pops the bag? Not to mention I just know I'd get off my bike in front of 100 people and forget to unplug.

How safe are these jackets without the air? I noticed on the safermoto.com site they do come with armor, but, we all know that could also be just a piece of foam. Not real armor at all. Seam strength? Burst strength? Abrasion resistance? This has got to be a VERY strong jacket if you're expecting to slide 150 feet without wearing through the outer fabric and hitting the bag.

I'd want this jacket to stand alone and rely on the air as a "bonus".

edit!
just read through the safermoto faq. That answered some of my questions/concerns. I still like the idea, but, just feel like the risk of failure outweighs the possible benefits. My biggest concern is the bag not deflating for whatever reason and landing on the c02 thingy. Seems they could have put it in a different spot?
1971 Lambretta DL

levain screwed with this post 02-21-2010 at 05:24 AM
levain is offline   Reply With Quote