View Single Post
Old 02-22-2010, 11:30 PM   #52
=Lenny=
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 161
Quote:
Originally Posted by bajadawg
Now a question. Can I listen to music when using this app? I'd like to think I can listen to music and then have the app cut the music and give me voice prompts. I know I'm asking a lot but I bet it could be done if it's programmed that way.
i'm pretty sure what your describing IS possible under the current iPhone OS. Might just be a matter of a develper deeming that sorta functionality to be a viable money maker or not. The .99 cent model that dominates the iTunes store has really hampered a lot of developer efforts/initiatives.

I've had quite a few ideas that I've thought to be pretty cool, but when you distill down the market to-in this case-users of iphones... who add more than 2 or 3 apps total to their phone... who would consider actually paying for an app... who listen to music on their iphone... who listen to music while navigating... who are able to find such an app though whatever marketing efforts... who buy your $xx app which earns you: XX minus the 30% apple gets, minus whatever uncle sam gets. You can see how development incentive can be a bit of a bitch under that reality (however much a reality it might be...)

btw. I'm one of the guys that created Adaptunes. We do hope to implement some upgrades/improvements in the future, but the above explanation definitely bares our incentives. Thank you to the guy farther up the thread for the thumbs up.

Some developers are making a killing on mobile apps - and as the iphone user base grows, I wouldn't be surprised to see the functionality your looking for in the future.
=Lenny= is offline   Reply With Quote