View Single Post
Old 01-16-2002, 08:58 AM   #18
Arbey Canuck OP
Ageless Adventurer

Oddometer: 467
Thanks to all

And people fuss about this forums inner workings at times!!!! Nothing but sincerity expressed in this thread ... funny and all ... Thanks!!!!

Braved the weather last night and did drive home!!! I left at 3pm so I could see better ... and get out before huge amounts of traffic and snow accumulation. Roads were not frozen ... just slick and slushie!!!

Was certainly a tad gun-shy out of the blocks ... very reserve, very smooth and my feet were leaving the pegs at every wiggle!!! The snow was heavy and wet ... and pushing the tires around ... but by about mile 10 ... was more than comfortable in the saddle again. Finally drove through the bad weather about 20 miles from home and hit drying pavement ... and was able to test drive the bike from a hard braking, quick line changing, accelerating and high speed perspective. The bike is great and demonstrated nothing to suggest any more problems than the minor cosmetic ones previously mentioned!!! Whew!!!!!!!

Took the cage today though ... possiblities of a major dump begining early evening. I intend to pay more attention to weather forcasts before I leave each morning ... at least looking for a reasonable window to make it home in!!!!!!

Happy riding out there to all those with dry roads and warmer weather ... !!!!!

Riding is always a good day
Arbey Canuck is offline   Reply With Quote